ReferencesPrint this page
- Burke L.M. (2008) Caffeine and sports performance. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 33(6):1319-34. doi: 10.1139/H08-130.
- Hodgson A.B. et al. (2013) The metabolic and performance effects of caffeine compared to coffee during endurance exercise. PLoS One. 8(4):e59561.
- Davis J.K. et al. (2009) Caffeine and Anaerobic Performance – Ergogenic Value and Mechanisms of Action Sports Medicine, 39, 813-832.
- Killer S. C. et al. (2014) No Evidence of Dehydration with Moderate Daily Coffee Intake: A Counterbalanced Cross-Over Study in a Free-Living Population. PLoS ONE,9(1): e84154.
- Goldstein E.R. et al. (2010) Position Stand: caffeine and performance, J. International Society of Sports Nutrition www.jissn.com/content/7/1/5
- European Food Safety Authority (2015) Scientific Opinion on the Safety of Caffeine. EFSA, Palma, Italy.
- Costill, D. L. et al. (1978) Effects of caffeine ingestion on metabolism and exercise performance.Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise, 10, 155-158.
- Desbrow B. et al. (2012) The effects of different doses of caffeine in endurance cycling time trial performance, J Sports Sci., 30(2):115-20.
- Irwin C. et al. (2011) Caffeine withdrawal and high-intensity endurance cycling performance. J Sports Sci, Mar 29(5):509-15.
- Ganio M. S. et al. (2009) Effect of Caffeine on Sport-Specific Endurance Performance: A Systematic Review. Strength and Conditioning Research nsca.jscr.org
- Gliottoni R.C. et al. (2009) Effect of Caffeine on Quadricep Pain During Acute Cycling Exercises in Low Versus High Caffeine Consumers. J. Sport Nutrition Exercise Metabolism, 19, 150-161.
- Astorino T.A. et al. (2011) Effect of caffeine intake on pain perception during high-intensity exercise, Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 21(1):27-32
- Astorino T.A. et al. (2009) Efficacy of Acute Caffeine Ingestion for short-term high-intensity exercise performance: A Systematic Review. Strength and Conditioning Research nsca.jscr.org
- Gant N. et al. (2010) The Influence of Caffeine and Carbohydrate Coingestion on Simulated Soccer Performance. Intern. J. Sport Nutrition Exercise Metabolism, 20, 191-197.
- Conger S.A. et al. (2011) Does caffeine added to carbohydrate provide additional ergogenic benefit for endurance? Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 21(1):71-84.
- Goldstein E.R. et al. (2010) Caffeine Enhanced Upper Body Strength in Resistance Trained Women. Soc. Sports Nutrition, DOI: 10.1186/1550-2783-7-18
- Astorino T.A. et al. (2010) Effect of Two Doses of Caffeine on Muscular Function during Isokinetic Exercise Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 2010, DOI: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181e3a11d
- Armstrong L.E. (2002). Caffeine, body fluid-electrolyte balance, and exercise performance. Int J Sport Nutr and Exerc Meta.b, 12, 205-222.
- Zhang Y. et al. (2014) Caffeine and diuresis during rest and exercise: A meta-analysis. J Sci Med Sport, S1440-2440(14)
This information is intended for Healthcare professional audiences.
Please consider the environment before printing.