- Coffee Statistics Report (2011)
- National Coffee Association, ‘The History of Coffee’, available at: http://www.ncausa.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=68
- Ellis M. (2006) Eighteenth-Century Coffee-House Culture. Pickering & Chatto
- Habermas J. (1989) The structural transformation of the public sphere. Cambridge: Polity Press
- Cohen M.D., Riolo R.L. & Axelrod R. (2001).The role of social structure in the maintenance of cooperative regimes. Rationality and Society, 13:5–32
- Stafford T. (2003) Psychology in the coffee shop. The Psychologist, 16(7):358-359
- Cacioppo J.T and Cacioppo S. (2014) Older adults reporting social isolation or loneliness show poorer cognitive function 4 years later. Evidence Based Nursing, 17:59-60
- Quattrochi-Tubin S. and Jason L.A. (1981) Enhancing social interactions and activity among the elderly through stimulus control. Journal of Applied Behaviour Analysis, 131:159-163
- Topik S. (2009) Coffee as a Social Drug. Project MUSE, 71:81-106
- Stroebaek P. (2013) Let’s Have a Cup of Coffee! Coffee and Coping Communities at Work. Symbolic Interaction, 36(4):381-397
- Scott J.C. (1990) Domination and the Arts of Resistance: Hidden Transcripts. Yale University Press
- Waber B. et al. (2010) Productivity through Coffee Breaks: Changing Social Networks by Changing Break Structure. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
This information is intended for Healthcare professional audiences.
Please consider the environment before printing.